Friday, January 24, 2014

Marvel Superhero Lamp



The big boys share a room now, and they like to sleep with a night light. Theirs is a desk lamp, but it is old and the shade was getting beaten up. I had made some pencil holders from washed formula containers and wrapped them with a Marvel fabric that I ordered online. I found some other type of Marvel fabric at Jo-ann's a while back and used that to cover the lamp. I used basically the same technique for both projects. Cut fabric larger than you'll. Brush a thin coat of Mod Podge on top and let dry. The lamp was a little trickier, so I made a paper template first. After the fabric dries, it will have shrunk a little. Cut it to size and use Mod Podge to attach in to the surface. Smooth out the fabric. I trimmed the lamp with some trim remnants I had. "Never throw anything way!" she said climbing out from under her giant mound of fabric scraps.

No comments: