Friday, February 10, 2012

Owl Taggie Blanket



I finally got around to making an owl taggie for Baby Hoot. He seems to like it. I did something new this time and added an aural element to the blanket by adding clean tortilla chip bag packaging to two corners. I cut two right angle triangle shapes. The two sides of the right angle are about 4 inches long. I stitched the right angle sides of each triangle on two opposite corners. They make a wonderful crunching sound.

I really love the color palette of these owls. I varied the ribbons in width, color and texture (satin and grosgrain). The finished size is approximately 16 x 16 inches. I had some scrap leftover and used it to finish a plain cloth diaper for a burping cloth. I also plan to make a bib out of the owl pattern, but that might be a while.

No comments: