Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Felt Owls

I made some felt owls for yet-to-be-born baby Hoot. My mother's side of the family are Gibsons, and boys in the family were nicknamed "Hoot" after a famous cowboy named Hoot Gibson. As my married name begins with an L, I thought it might be fun to give #3 the initials O.W.L. and call him "Hoot." O.W.L. didn't go over that well with my husband, but he liked the nickname Hoot, so that's what we're calling him.

I came across the idea for these cute critters here. I had some beat up foam balls that I used. My first attempt was the black and brown one, since I already had the felt. Not really appropriate for a nursery, but I have a neighbor who will appreciate it. The "feathers" are about 1 1/2 - 2 inches long and 1 inch wide.



I went and bought some more for these two. I kinda wished I had gotten a more orangey yellow for the eyes. Speaking of owls, I found this cute Robert Kaufman owl fabric that I'll have to incorporate into the nursery somehow. I found it on etsy.com.

There's a coordinating argyle print that I'm thinking of using for the crib skirt.


No comments: