Monday, May 16, 2011

Pirate Festival and Nursery Plans


This past Saturday, we took the boys to a local Pirate Festival. We had a great time. I've been trying to improve my photo skills, and I took this one of parrots I really liked. Every pirate needs a parrot, right? I've been thinking of hanging photos of places we've been as art in the boys' room. Now, that we plan on have a third, I'll need photos for a nursery! That's right, I'm about 17 weeks pregnant. We'll have to play musical rooms with boys moving downstairs to separate bedrooms. #3 is getting his/her own room. I don't really have a theme in mind, since I'm just going to use stuff we had from the boys. I did a Classic Pooh theme, but painted over the murals. Just as well, I was getting sick of them. The bedding and other items had a color scheme with blue, green and yellow. I think those colors will work for a girl or boy. I think I'll include the parrots, since #3 came along for the adventure. Here's some of the things I'm planning in the nursery...


I love this cross-section green fabric, but not sure where to use it. Bed skirt, maybe? I'm going with a breathable bumper this time.
Our old crib was recalled and rickety anyway, so we're getting a Gulliver bed from IKEA.

Green fabric bins for our Closetmaid shelves.

No comments: