Monday, December 27, 2010

Storage Solution Odyssey: Part 2


Here is my latest storage solution for my boys' room. As you can read in this post, I've had a hard time finding cheap and sturdy storage for the Closetmaid shelves I purchased at Target. I had a bunch of diaper boxes about the same size and decided they'd fit the shelves. I began by cutting the flaps off the top of the boxes. I wrapped them with gift wrap like a present, leaving enough paper (about 2'') to fold inside the boxes. I used double sided tape on the outside for a cleaner finish. I then cut and wrapped clear contact paper around the boxes for extra durability, wrapping the bottom and a few inches inside the box. They have held up really well. This is also a great way to incorporate their interests without a big investment. As their preferences change, so can the boxes. And if/when they do get destroyed, I'm only out a couple of dollars.

No comments: