Monday, December 20, 2010

Puppets


I'm blessed to have friends that completely overestimate my crafting skills. However, it does encourage me to stretch myself a bit. My newest challenge is creating puppets for a puppet ministry at church. I found this very helpful series of videos online. What I love about this guy is that he thinks and explains things the very same way I would. I know it drives left-brainers crazy, but he provides just enough foundational information to let you experiment.

So, I decided to give it a try and made one from stuff I had around the house. And, yes, it does concern me a bit that I already had the supplies I needed to make a puppet. My husband's reply when I told him? "Not surprised." I'm a bit of a pack-rat.

I did use regular fleece, but I'd recommend (as do the pros) anti-pill fleece. The boys christened him "Nicky." I have no idea why. I'm working on the actual puppets I need to make, now that I have some idea what I'm doing. Note I said some idea.

No comments: