Friday, April 30, 2010

Horn Tooting...

I'm in the Washington Post. But the photo is terrible and it was a local edition, so it isn't that exciting. My local paper did a story about my local moms club. I happen to be serving as president this year, so they interviewed me for the story. I guess my town newspaper is an affiliate of WashPo or something, so it ran in the county edition. Believe me, my county could use all the the positive press it can get.

I thought I dodged a bullet when the article appeared in my local paper, since it featured our event performer and another club member with her baby. But a few days later, a mom in our group says to me, "Hey, you're in the Post." Crap. Nothing like the entire world knowing you still haven't lost the 50 lbs you gained from your first pregnancy. And don't you just love florescent lights? My boobs look huge, so maybe that takes away from my enormous double chin. Oh well, this is how I look. It's given me motivation to go to the gym more.

The story is nice, though I told them my husband's out of the Navy now. It says some nice stuff about our club, and we do try to make an effort to welcome and serve people in our community. I'm proud of the things we did this year and enjoyed serving on the board, but I'm looking forward to my time being up in June. Now, I'm off to do some crunches...


No comments: