Friday, March 12, 2010

Somewhere over the rainbow... they have jello



There are few things in life that I enjoy more than the look of surprised joy on the faces of my boys. Such was the reaction when I set these cups of rainbow jello in front of them for dessert. I topped them with whipped cream as "clouds" and vanilla wafers as "gold coins." I get pretty excited about St. Patrick's Day, so this seemed a fun way to celebrate.

Last year, I made rainbow jello in a trifle dish, but it just didn't look as pretty scooped out onto a plate. It also makes a terrible sucking sound when I used a metal spoon, like the sound of a rain boot being pulled out of a deep mud puddle.

I used 12 plastic cups and five packages of jello for this. It takes a couple of days to complete, since you have to wait for each layer to set before adding the next.

No comments: