Sunday, December 20, 2009

25 Days of Crafts! Day 20: Star Pillow


With little ones in the house, finding child resistant ornaments can be a challenge. I say child resistant, because I don't think anything is ever child proof. I made a few of these a couple of years ago to hang near the bottom of the tree or over door handles. It was a nice way to use remnants. I enlarged a star image I found online and printed it. This one is about 5 inches high. I cut two pieces of fabric with 1/4 inch seam allowance. I sewed the pieces together, leaving about an inch opening for the stuffing. I turned it inside out, filled it, and sewed up the opening. I hand-sewed small jingle bells to the points and tied silver ribbon around each, adding a longer ribbon to one point for hanging. I used a lot of thread to secure those bells, so it would take an awful lot of effort to get them off.

No comments: