Wednesday, September 30, 2009

U.S. Map



A few months back, the fabric store near my house was closing. I was very upset, since this meant I would have to drive 12 miles to the next one. The up side was that all fabric was discounted, so I stocked up. I came across this great map fabric and got two yards, two maps. I created this wall hanging by sewing the map fabric on to batting and backing it with an unbleached muslin. I put on a channel on the back and hung it on a curtain rod mounted on the wall. I'm not that great at sewing, but the boys love it. It measures about 30 x 40 inches, so it's a good size. They like to look at and identify where friends and family live. Each state is illustrated, so it's easier to remember. Tater is convinced that his grandparents live in tee pees in OK, which is pretty funny. I'm planning on sewing buttons or pins to every state we've visited.

1 comment:

Anu@My Dream Canvas said...

Lovely blog, hope to see you at My Dream Canvas!