Thursday, December 4, 2008

Rag Quilt

My DAR chapter makes lap quilts for patients at the Baltimore VA. So, I decided to try my hand at a rag lap quilt. As you can see, the rectangles aren't perfect, but it was my first attempt - each measures roughly 8 x 9". I found directions online, but chose to just use two layers of flannel. I decided to try a more masculine palette for the blanket as the recipient will most likely be male.  However, "masculine flannel" is apparently an oxymoron. There are loads of baby/pastel patterns, but I went with a sage and rust scheme and found patterns I liked. There were the obvious camo/hunter fabrics, but that seemed too pedestrian. I hope to make more, but think I would do best with a rotary cutter than sewing shears. Anyhow, here are the instructions if you'd like to try it. 

No comments: